Tara Gaschler Salinas
I've spent the past 15 years representing consumers in bankruptcy and I can't imagine doing anything else! It creates such a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in my professional life.
Having filed bankruptcy myself after uninsured medical treatment and credit card bills overwhelmed my young family, I understand the pain financial difficulties bring.
After seeing the struggles my clients were experiencing with student loans, I decided to expand my practice to include providing solutions to the crippling debt of federal and private student loans.
I seek to relieve the guilt, shame and self-doubt that threaten to overwhelm my clients. By guiding them through the options available and staying with them through each step of the process; I help to eliminate the stress and worry that can drown my clients.
My goal is to make your experience as easy as possible and create a firm foundation for you to begin with a fresh start!
B.A., Colorado State University, 1997
Certificate, London School of Economics, 1998
J.D., University of Colorado School of Law, 2001
Colorado Bar, 2001
Colorado District Court, 2002
- Colorado Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Colorado Consumer Bankruptcy Association
- Max Gardner's Bankruptcy Bootcamp (2008, 2009)
- Joshua Cohen's Student Loan Law Workshop (2018)
- Member Colorado Bankruptcy Local Rules Committee
- Sponsor Debtors' Counsel Listserv (212 members)
- Speaker for 35 Legal Education seminars: including the
Colorado Bar Association CLE
American Bankruptcy Institute
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
National Business Institute
Central & Eastern European Law Institute
Three published bankruptcy court decisions:
- In re Liehr, 439 BR 179 (10th Cir. B.A.P. 2010)
- In re Davis, 430 BR 902 (Bankr. D. Colo. 2010)
- In re Nelson, 408 B.R. 394 (Bankr. D. Colo. 2008)